These are various resources which may be of interest to visitors to our page. Included are simple handouts explaining a few things, a few resources for study, marriage policies and premarital resources, among some others. At least, that's the plan for this page.
Policies and Guidelines that the congregation uses to govern its secular affairs. The Scriptures and Confessions are her sole rule and norm otherwise.
Documents pertinent to getting married at Christ Our Savior or by our pastor.
- Living Together (updated 21 Apr 2012, 21:36 MDT) : Here are several facts telling how living together before marriage doesn't work and doesn't bode well for a marriage.
These are resources of general or miscellaneous interest.
- Duties of an Elder (updated 21 Apr 2012, 21:36 MDT) : Want to know what an Elder in a Lutheran church is supposed to be and do? This is a short yet detailed description of an elder's duties, generally speaking. If you want to print it out, it prints on a legal-sized sheet (8.5 x 14).
- TULIP SCURF TUURF (updated 21 Apr 2012, 21:36 MDT) : The name does a poor job of indicating that this is a document that compares Calvinistic soteriology, Arminian soteriology, and Lutheran soteriology.
- Confutatio Pontificia (updated 21 Apr 2012, 21:36 MDT) : Between the Augsburg Confession and the Apology, the Roman adversaries gave a reply to the Confession, known in English as the Pontifical Confutation. Though it would not be published for decades after it was issued, it is available now. The Roman adversaries also forbade the Reformers from responding to it, demanding that they accept it word-for-word. This PDF version is a conversion of the text that can be found at Project Gutenberg; the original version can be found here. If you read this, I highly recommend doing so as you are reading the Augsburg Confession and the Apology.
- Seven Myths of Close Communion (updated 25 Oct 2017, 11:39 MDT) : These are myths that people who do not understand the practice of and theology behind close(d) communion often hold to be true. This document seeks to dispel those myths.